Monday, June 01, 2009

All I want for christmas...

Is my two front teeth


When Crystal came back to us in November we knew she needed a dental.

Greyhounds are notorious for yucky teeth. Could be the food, could be the long and tight noses or it could be genetics. Since grandpa greyhound needed to get dentures at early age, could be that all of his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren are going to have rotten teeth just like him.

Crystal got her dental last Thursday, my untrained eye thought they didn't look too bad, there was one brown canine that might have to come out. She did have notoriously bad breath, but her unending kisses never knocked me over, so it wasn't that bad.

Four hours later, Crystal was missing 21 teeth. I felt terrible, chances are she probably never had a dental in her last home.

Her mouth is really hurting her now, three days after surgery.

Note to self, dentals are crucial. Poor babies should never have to go through this.

No comments: