Saturday, June 13, 2009

Oregon by Greyhound • Majestic Falls


The Adventure Majestic Falls
Location LAT 44.46833 N LON 122.67361 W
Date June 7, 2009
Weather 65°, Cloudy
Distance 52.5 miles


Less than a mile up the road are two more falls. We made it to one more. From the parking lot, a great little path with stone steps leads to an observation deck at the top of the falls.


Even though the top was quite fun, we looked forward to walking down to the base. Having read ahead, I knew there were stairs. Adam got to come because he does so well on stairs. Most stairs that is.


From the viewing platform at the base of the stairs, Majestic Falls earns it's name.


McDowell Creek tumbles down nearly 40 ft. into the pool below. Moss covered rocks provide the natural framework.

Adam did very well going down the steep staircase. I thought going up would be even better.



Adam made me think again. He wasn't crazy about going up at all. After a few minutes of coaxing, I thought we were going to have to make a Plan B. Nervous and unsure, Adam made his way to the top of the stairs.

I'm pretty sure that during all of the coaxing, I promised him he would never see stairs again.

No comments: