Monday, March 22, 2010

McCall Preserve


This part of the Historic Columbia highway was beautiful. It not-so-gently curved around the bluffs. I can't imagine what this must have been like to travel on when it was originally finished.


A near picture perfect homestead.


We were a little early for most of the wild flowers, but what we saw were amazing.




Looking toward the Columbia River from up top.


From the top of the bluff to I-84 was nearly straight down.


Since I am the one stopping to take pictures, Karen is always ahead of me on the trail. I frequently catch her sitting down on the job waiting for me to catch up and once I do, we're off again.


On both sides of the river there are train tracks. On the Washington, I followed a train as it entered the four tunnels along that part of the track.


It was so peaceful up there, not a breath of wind. This was one of three ponds we encountered. I was a greyt day.

No comments: