Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wow


In our search to get out of the rain Saturday, we discovered an unknown treasure to us, a live butterfly exhibit about 23 miles from home.


We entered the building and were dazzled by 100s of beautiful butterflies. Then, we promptly saw nothing as our glasses and my camera lens fogged over. The couple who built their dream assured us the fogging would not last forever.


We wandered around for awhile, waiting for the de-fogging.


To say the least, the butterflies were not the easiest targets, but I couldn't help myself. I kept snapping away hoping that I would have something to remember the adventure by.


I was surprised and a little saddened to find out that the lifespan of a butterfly is only 4-10 days. How could I not bond with these delightful creatures as they danced about my head, landed on my shoulders and graced the flowers they landed upon.


Our hidden treasure is called Wings of Wonder and it is just outside of Independence.


To say the least, I can hardly wait to go back. Capturing the beauty through the lens is going to take a lot of practice.

No comments: