Friday, November 19, 2010

My hero


By night, Minnie is a couch potato.


By day, Minnie is a speed demon, a wild woman.


And every day, Minnie is a hero to many dogs that she has donated blood to.

Many greyhounds are universal blood donors and Minnie is just one of them.

Today, a little poodle puppy named Molly was very sick. Her mom knew something was wrong when she brought her into the vet clinic. Her vets were worried.

When they called and asked for a donor, I had Minnie there within 30 minutes and held her paw while she bravely stood and donated her blood.

Tonight when I checked in on little Molly, she was feeling better, not out of the woods yet but feeling better.

You've got good go-go juice Minnie, you're our hero.

Meet all of the heroes on the Saturday Pet Blog Hop

Please join us!

The Pet Blog Hop hosted by Life with Dogs, Two Little Cavaliers and Confessions of the Plume. Many, many thanks to the hosts, the Pet Blog Hop rocks.

Please join us, the rules are simple:
  1. Follow your three hosts
  2. Add your blog to the Linky
  3. Copy and paste the html code into your html editor




17 comments:

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Well done Minnie. You're our hero too. What a wonderful thing to do. Keep up the good work, and enjoy the couch:-)

24 Paws of Love said...

The thought of dogs giving blood never occured to me. I don't know why, but I think that is wonderful. So proud of you Minnie.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

What a sweet dog. I am so happy so many are being rescued and allowed to live a good life after racing.

Mad Red Hare said...

Now you are my hero! We have a couple of greys from our group who are blood donors as well. Just stopped by from the blog hop. Love your photos, they are wonderful! I am going to start following you too!

Sistertex said...

And I am now asking myself, 'why haven't I seen your blog before?' I have been missing it, but will miss it no more!
What gorgeous photos of my most favorite, greyt hounds! You got me, I will follow. ;)

Sistertex said...

Couldn't follow, but got you on my feed so I won't miss a single one! :)

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Hey there Minnie!! We just dropped by from the blog hop! We just love new furiends! Drop by and visit sometime!

Woofs and Kisses!
The Fiesty Three
http://fiestythree.blogspot.com

Sage said...

You are very special, Minnie! What a great life you lead!!

houndstooth said...

Way to go, Minnie! You really are a heroine! Was she a blood donor before she came to live with you?

Also, I have to ask, is Minnie white with blue spots? We have a friend down in St. Louis with a girl with that coloring, and I just adore it! Whatever Minnie is, she's beautiful!

♥ Sallie said...

Happy Blog Hopping!

I hope we can be friends!

Hugs,

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Yay! You are our hero, too!

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

Tucker The Crestie said...

Minnie, you are a true hero and we are proud to know you.

Tucker

IHateToast said...

Ditto what 24 Paws of Love said. Most of the greys that give blood are at the university here. I think I'll ask my local vet if I could be theirs. Fabian needs a stick. The boy cries if I pinch a flea or snip a nail. He never got to the training stage, so never got used to being handled. Anything is a drama. I think this would be a good way for him to grow some metaphorical nuts and be a good guy. I'll try not to snicker.

Good on ya, Minnie.

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful! I had not heard of blood donor dogs before. Minnie you are top of the heap sweetie! I am your newest follower.

Kristin G. said...

Way to go Minnie! You are beautiful inside and out. Best wishes to Molly and the other dogs you help! xoxoxo

KimT said...

Hi! Met you through the hop - Minnie is so beautiful! Get well, Molly!

KimT said...

Hi! Met you through the hop - Minnie is so beautiful! Get well, Molly!