Sunday, June 26, 2011

Northcoast Greyhounds Rocks


I think I have mentioned before that I volunteer for a very small adoption group, Oregon Greyhound Adoption.

The hardest part is the money. We have more than enough love for the greyhounds, but holy smokes, the vet care, the kibble, the boarding... adoption fees don't even begin to cover expenses any more.

Northcoast Greyhounds have been fundraisers for adoption groups for years. If you've never been to their site, it's fun, they have lots of beautiful items for sale and they do a world of good for greyhound groups everywhere.

Through July 4 they have a pendant on ebay, the proceeds will come back to our group. Take a look, pass this on to someone who might be interested, the hounds really appreciate it.

3 comments:

houndstooth said...

Oh wow! That thing is gorgeous! It's already out of my price range, as most of the Northcoast auctions always get, but I love the beautiful stuff they sell. I agree, they do phenomenal fundraising for adoption groups, too!

rottrover said...

What a beautiful piece!

Sistertex said...

One of my best friends runs Northcoast Greyhounds. Cara is *just* the best and does wonderful things like this all the time, not to mention having an absolutely beautiful home which is a wonderful 'Greyhound Manor'. She and Jerry take in many needy hounds, seniors and otherwise. I love that woman and so proud to call her friend. Check it out, she has beautiful stuff with all proceeds benefiting Retired Racers in need (and the groups who rescue them).

Sistertex